Scholarships Canada

University comes with a lot of perks, but it also comes with a hefty price tag.  Supplement your university fund by applying for scholarships, grants, student awards and bursaries.  
By Aparna Allam

Have you thought of applying?  Are assumptions getting in your way? 

Popular Misconceptions Regarding Scholarships:

FICTION:  You can only apply for scholarships at the beginning of the semester.

FACT:  There are scholarships available with deadlines throughout the semester and some have no official deadline at all!

FICTION
:  There are a very limited number of scholarships available every year.

FACT:  Over $70 Million in scholarships are made available across Canada every year.

FICTION:  Only Canadian residents are eligible to apply.

FACT:  Many of the scholarships listed on ScholarshipsCanada.com are available to local and international students.

FICTION:  The scholarships have probably all been awarded.  It’s a waste of time to apply.

FACT:  Nearly 25% of available scholarships (over $17 Million) go unclaimed every year.

FICTION:  My grades aren’t good enough.  OR  I’m not a first year student.

FACT:  Many of the listed scholarships are not merit-based and they are also not restricted to first year students.

FICTION:  I didn’t qualify for OSAP so I can’t get scholarships.

FACT:  Only 10% of the scholarships on this site require that you show financial need – that leaves 90% that you can still apply for!

Scholarships Canada
This is your one-stop shop for information on over 24,000 scholarships.  Sign up for free Scholarship Alerts and never miss another deadline. 

“There are a lot of scholarships out there for nearly every program imaginable. You can’t win if you don’t try,” says Chris Wilkins, Founder of Scholarships Canada.

For more details go to Scholarships Canada.com
Trying to pick the perfect university?  Check out Schoolfinder.com